At Ground Loop, we can recommend and install a wide variety of accessories that will make your home even more comfortable and energy efficient. Investing in the right humidification and air filtration accessories will ensure that your home environment is comfortable, healthy, and energy-efficient.
The amount of moisture in the air of your home is an important factor in your overall comfort. While you may not think that you want to introduce moisture to your indoor environment, it’s important to ensure that your air isn’t too dry or too humid to reduce the likelihood of discomfort, respiratory issues, and damage to your home. Whole-house humidification and dehumidification solutions will ensure that your home is comfortable all year round and will prevent the issues associated with dry air. We are proud to install the Aprilaire line of products because they are economical, effective, and efficient.
- Model 800 steam humidifier. The 800 model steam humidifier is designed for larger residential systems, homes with multiple systems and/or homes with large humidity demands. Provides humidity for homes from 3500 sq. ft. and up.
- 700 model humidifier. Designed to accommodate homes of up to 3500 sq. ft., this unit is designed to accommodate smaller residential homes.
- 1830 dehumidifier. If the air in your home contains too much moisture, the 1830 dehumidifier is the perfect choice for small condos, townhomes, and apartments. Capable of removing nearly 9 gallons of moisture per day, it can effectively handle homes of up to 3,800 sq. ft.
Most newer homes and homes that are properly air-sealed should not need dehumidification. In a residential setting, a dehumidifier is recommended when the humidity reaches over 70% consistently. In instances where dehumidification is required, the Aprilaire line of dehumidification products can be used as a standalone unit, ducted directly into the basement or crawlspace, and even directly into the central duct system for whole-home humidity control. While you may be tempted to purchase a low-cost dehumidifier from the hardware store, the Aprilaire line of products works far and away better than anything you’d buy off-the-shelf.
The air in your home contains a wide variety of contaminants that can be effectively controlled with the right air filtration products. Whether you’ve started experiencing signs of asthma due to poor air quality or you simply want peace of mind, Ground Loop is here to help with our exceptional air filtration products, which include:
- REME Halo. Installed directly within your ducting, the REME Halo will effectively purify every inch of air that is conditioned by your AC system. It can effectively reduce air pollutants as well as odors, making your home more comfortable and pleasant. Unlike most media air filters, the air does not have to pass directly through the ducting and across the filter to be cleaned. The REME actively outputs particles that causes dust particles to stick together, making it easier for your traditional filter to work and effectively scrubbing the air throughout your home.
- MERV 11 replacement filter. Our systems typically come standard with a 2” MERV 11 filter, which are usually 5-6x more effective than the 1” see-through filters at the hardware store. MERV 11 replaceable media filters can effectively capture particles as small as 3 microns so you can rest easy knowing that the air you breathe is truly clean. MERV ratings rank the ability of a filter to effectively capture airborne particles and a MERV rating of 11 means that over 90% of large particles and up to 90% of small particles are captured.
- Air Cleaners and HEPA filters (the Lennox PureAir). For years, HEPA filters have been considered the best hospital-grade air filtration systems available. However, today’s air cleaners, if run properly, are very similar to HEPA filters. HEPA filters are said to have better first pass filtration, but a Lennox PureAir system that is run with a continuous fan will remove up to 99.9% of all particles, including pollen, dust, and pet dander. Both systems provide excellent air quality in your home for family and friends.
If you’re ready to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient than ever, get in touch with the experienced WaterFurnace installers at Ground Loop today to learn more about our exceptional WaterFurnace products and accessories. Give us a call at (410) 836-1706 to schedule your free estimate today.